A double-broken bit consists of three parts. The middle part of the bit lies flat on the tongue of your horse and will put more pressure on the tongue than a single-broken bit. Always choose the bit that fits your horse.
Items 1-20 of 71
- BR Double Broken Base Ring (Egg-butt Snaffle) Soft Contact 10 mm Ø 50 mmRegular Price £41.11 As low as £34.25See
- BR Double Broken Baucher Sewer Soft Contact 16 mm Scissors 110 mmAs low as £44.05See
- BR Double Broken Bridoon Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 50 mmAs low as £23.47See
- BR Double Broken D-ring Snaffle Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 65 X 50 mmAs low as £47.97See
- BR Double Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 12 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £48.95See
- BR Double Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 14 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £46.99See
- BR Double Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 16 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £48.95See
- BR Double Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 55 mmAs low as £45.03See
- BR Double Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 65 mmAs low as £43.07See
- BR Double Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Soft Contact 14 mm Ø 65 mmAs low as £45.03See
- BR Double Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Soft Contact 16 mm Ø 65 mmAs low as £45.03See
- BR Double Broken Fulmer Snaffle Combo Comfort 18 mm Shears 165 mmAs low as £44.05See
The bit is part of the bridle of a horse. With the help of a bit you can pass on aids to your horse. The horse's mouth is very sensitive. Therefore it is important to use the bit carefully and with care. Take the time to determine which bit fits your horse, because there are different types of horse bits, each with its own characteristics.
Double broken bit
A double-broken bit consists of three parts. The middle part of this bit lies flat on the tongue of your horse, giving it more pressure on the tongue than a single-broken bit. In addition, it gives a double-broken bit less pressure on the jaw as opposed to a single-broken bit. The wider or thicker the centerpiece, the more pressure is applied to the tongue.
Many horses prefer a double-broken bit because this mouthpiece ensures that no "nutcracker" effect can occur on the tongue. In addition, the double-broken bit cannot pierce the horse's palate. The effect of the left or right bridle aid also comes through more clearly with your horse, which makes it easier to position the aids.
You can use the kind of pressure that the bit in the mouth of your horse achieves what you want your horse to do with its head. Your horse will probably bend its head with one bit, while it will lift its head with another bit. It always remains an interaction between you as a rider and your horse.
Double broken toggle bit
At MHS Equestrian you will find various toggle trusses from our own quality brand MHS. For example a copy with a copper mouthpiece. Due to the naturally sweet taste of copper, your horse will accept the bit more easily and relaxed.
Points to consider when purchasing a bit
Make sure you know which bit is good for your horse. A wrongly chosen bit can cause unwanted behavior and is very unpleasant for your horse. After you have determined which type of bit is suitable, make sure that the bit fits properly. The bit may not be too wide, because then it can be pulled out of the mouth. Let it protrude approximately 0.5 to 1 centimeter on both sides.
Do you want advice before you make a purchase? Contact our experienced and expert team. We are happy to be of service!