Horseware Rambo Micklem Multi
Out of stock
Out of stock
90-day reflection period
Free advice from experts
Maintenance of your leather headcollars and bridles
When you have bought a new leather bridle or halter, it can still be a bit stiff. Many people therefore immediately start greasing, but you should NOT do this. A neat new leather headcollar, the leather is still untreated and the leather pores are still open. When you use leather grease, you just seal it and it ensures that it will remain stiff. The correct way is to treat your leather headcollar or bridle with leather oil first. The best thing is to leave your bridle or halter in a container of oil overnight, but that will cost you a lot of oil. The other way is to oil your bridle or halter with a brush. Make sure you hit all the spots and the oil is well absorbed. Let this sit overnight. The next morning you can polish the bridle or halter with a dry (tea) cloth. If you have cleaned the bridle or halter, grease it with leather grease. This way you close the leather pores while the oil is still in it. This way your halter or bridle will stay beautiful and smooth for a very long time.
With leather bridles and halters, you should clean and care for them regularly at least once a month. If you drive a lot in the open air and also with intensive use, we advise you to do this even more often. Phead-head-roper maintenance of the leather ensures that the product lasts lungeing reinr. Alternation of leather grease and oil is recommended.
Loosen all closures and disassemble the entire halter or bridle. Use a dry cloth or brush (do not use a very hard-bristled brush here) to remove any sand or larger debris.
Choose a suitable leather soap (or spray) and clean all loose parts thoroughly. Do not use too much water because this can make the leather stiff and this is not good for the stitching. After this step let the leather dry well, this is best at channel temperature.
Now that the leather is dry, you can get started with leather balm, grease or a conditioner. Use grease for normal maintenance. When the leather is very dry, it is best to use oil. Rub the product well with a soft cloth (use a brush with oil). The end result will be better if you rub it in well.
Then let it absorb well and spread it with a clean dry cloth. Please note that this cloth does not fluff. Once you are done with this and the care product is completely absorbed into the leather, you can reassemble the halter or bridle.
- Store leather products in a well-ventilated and dry area. It is not bad when it gets cold, this does not hurt leather.
- Do not give bacteria a chance to damage the leather by cleaning your bridle (sweat residues) and the bit (foam residues) after use.
- If you treat your bridle one day before use, give the care product enough time to withdraw.
- With a new leather product, first treat with leather oil and then with leather grease, otherwise you will seal the leather pores and both agents can no lungeing reinr treat the leather phead-head-roperly.
- Use leather care products only for real leather. Artificial leather, patent leather and leather with a plastic layer can be damaged.
- When a leather product is decorated with stones, you should only wipe this part with a damp cloth.
About Horseware Products LTD
Horseware started after months of research by hand-sewing the iconic Rambo Original, thus setting the standard for modern rug design. Horseware has since grown into the world's most trusted producer of horse blankets.