At MHS Equestre you will find different types of double-jointed bits, made of different materials and different sizes. In any case, there is also one that is suitable for your miniature horse or shetlander.
Items 1-20 of 33
- BR Eggbutt BR Soft Contact double jointed curved 14mmAs low as £45.03See
- BR Single Broken Eggbutt Sweet Iron Magic System 14 mmAs low as £46.99See
- Harry's Horse Anatomic ring snaffle, 14mm French mouth, Sweet IronAs low as £29.35See
- Harry's Horse C-Sleeve Single Jointed Snaffle Bit ConceptAs low as £29.35See
- Harry's Horse Eggbutt Anatomic french mouth o-linkAs low as £32.29See
- Harry's Horse Eggbutt anatomically double jointed Roll-R 14mmAs low as £34.25See
- Harry's Horse Eggbutt double jointed flat link 13mmAs low as £29.35See
- Harry's Horse Eggbutt gold brass double-broken oval linkAs low as £32.29See
- Harry's Horse Full cheek snaffle, French mouth with copper rollerAs low as £34.25See
- Harry's Horse Loose ring anatomical double jointed 14mmAs low as £29.35See
- Harry's Horse Loose ring anatomical double jointed Roll-R 14mmAs low as £32.29See
- Harry's Horse Loose ring snaffle GB, French mouth with o-linkAs low as £29.35See
With the help of a bit you pass on aids to your horse. Each shetland or mini-horse reacts differently to a bit. For example, one horse gives a better response when pressure is applied to the tongue. The other horse, on the other hand, responds better press on the layers, the soft, open space between the incisors and the molars.Which kind of bit your mini horse or shetlander will respond best is a matter of trying and experiencing.Luckily in our wide collection you will always find a well-fitting bit.
The difference between a double broken and a single broken bit
The double-broken bit consists of three different parts. The middle part lies flat on the tongue of your horse. It will give more pressure here than a single-fractured mouthpiece and will give less pressure on the jaw. The pressure on the tongue increases as the center piece becomes thicker or wider. The action of the reins comes through more clearly thanks to the double-broken mouthpiece. Moreover, it cannot poke into the sensitive palate of your mini-horse and is comfortable to wear.
Double-broken bits in various versions
The double-broken bits in our range are made from different materials so that you can determine which species best suits your shetland or mini-horse.
Our double-broken bits with copper mouthpiece, for example, are often more easily accepted by your mini-horse. Copper tastes naturally sweet and that is a taste that your horse likes. Another option is a Myler bit. This bit is made of stainless steel. Small copper stripes are used in the mouthpiece. This also gives the bit a sweet taste. This Myler bit comes from our own MHS collection. Other brands of bits that we offer are Harry’s Horse and FRA.
Points to consider when purchasing a bit
A wrongly chosen and incorrectly fitting bit is extremely unpleasant for your horse and can result in undesirable behavior. So try out which bit works best for your horse. Do you want advice before you make a purchase? Contact our expert team. We are available by phone on workdays from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and are happy to help.