With a single broken bit, the pivot point is in the middle. This causes less pressure on the tongue and more pressure on the sides of the tongue and the palate. In our assortment you will find different types of single-broken bits.
Items 1-20 of 73
- BR Bauchersnaffle Solid Stainless Steel 16mm LeverageAs low as £29.35See
- BR Single Broken Bauchersnaffle Soft Contact 14 mm Shears 110 mmAs low as £44.05See
- BR Single Broken Bridoon Soft Contact 10 mm Ø 50 mmAs low as £22.49See
- BR Single Broken Bridoon Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 50 mmAs low as £22.49See
- BR Single Broken D-ring Snaffle Combo Comfort 18 mm Ø 70 mmAs low as £39.15See
- BR Single Broken D-ring Snaffle Soft Contact 12 mm Ø 65 X 50 mmAs low as £46.99See
- BR Single Broken D-ring Snaffle Soft Contact 16 mm Ø 65 X 50 mmAs low as £46.99See
- BR Single Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 12 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £45.03See
- BR Single Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 14 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £43.07See
- BR Single Broken Dutch Gag Soft Contact 16 mm Ø Middle Ring 70 mmAs low as £43.07See
- BR Single Broken Egg-butt Snaffle 16 mm small ringsAs low as £27.39See
- BR Single Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Apple Mouth 18 mmAs low as £36.21See
- BR Single Broken Egg-butt Snaffle Combo Comfort 18 mm Ø 70 X 45 mmAs low as £36.21See
The bit is a mouthpiece that is part of your horse's. A bit provides the ability to communicate with your horse. Most horse bits are made of metal.
The bit is in the toothless part of your horse's mouth. This is a very sensitive place. The nerves in the horse's mouth are only covered with layers of mucous membrane. That is why you should always make good use of the bit with a policy, look carefully which bit fits your horse and which bit fits your wishes and riding style. There are several types of horse bits and one of them is the single-broken bit.
Bit broken only
With a single broken bit, the pivot point is in the middle. This ensures less pressure on the tongue. The pressure is more on the sides of the tongue and the palate.
Bustrens and water snaffle
In the assortment of MHS Equestrian you will find different types of single broken bits. For example, from Harry’s Horse, we offer both the shoulder and the water bars. Both types of bits are made from good quality stainless steel.
With a bustrensens, the bit gets a nice stable and quiet location in the mouth of your horse because of the "bus" at the ends of the bars. This variant bit is therefore also suitable for younger horses. The rings on the water ring can rotate independently of each other. The bit therefore has a looser location in the horse's mouth.
Toggle bit and menbit
The toggle snatch also ensures a quiet and stable location. You can find several in our webshop, including a copy of our own quality brand MHS, where the mouthpiece is made of copper. Copper tastes pretty sweet, so your horse will respond to this bit more relaxed.
You can use a menbit for the contracted work. The MHS single broken Liverpool rod is made of stainless steel. The broken mouthpiece gives both pressure on the tongue and the layers of your horse. It also puts pressure on the head piece due to the leverage of the scissors.
A well-fitting bit
Of course it is important that your horse has a bit that fits well. If the bit is too narrow, your horse may get wounds in the corners of the mouth. A good guideline is that the bit protrudes half an inch to one centimeter on both sides.
Do you want advice on which type of bit is suitable for your horse? Let us know. Our experienced and expert team is happy to help you further.