A well-maintained saddle is good for your shetlander or mini-horse and ensures a long life. In our webshop you will find all care products that you need to properly maintain your saddle.
- Adhesive cream “Better Seat” (tub)£16.56 £13.92
- Better seat adhesive spray£15.63 £13.13
- Care spray for leather£12.69 £10.66
- Equifix® leather balm£14.21 £11.94
- Hofman Leather Balm£10.29
- Hofman Leather Dressing£10.66
- Hofman Leather Grease£9.63
- Leather crupper£19.72
- Nevr-Dull polishing warts£9.75 £8.19
- PFIFFsprayforleather£11.27 £9.47
- QHP seat cover fleece black£13.67
- Rapide Leather-oil Blank NEW£10.08
- Sectolin Leather Balm 250 ml£9.75 £8.19
- Sectolin Leather Dressing - Rapide 500 ml£15.19 £12.76
- Sectolin Leather oil£6.17
- Sectolin Saddle Soap 250 g£7.11 £5.97
- Sectolin Saddle Soap Spray 500 ml£9.75 £8.19
You can find products for your saddle maintenance at MHS Equestrian
If you maintain your leather saddle well and regularly, you will enjoy it for years longer. It is also much better for the skin of your miniature horse or shetlander if saddle and other leather accessories are soft and supple.
For the maintenance of your saddle you are at the right place at MHS Equestrian. In our range you will find everything you need to keep your saddle, but also your other leather products, in optimum condition.
This is how you clean your leather saddle
Good maintenance starts with good cleaning. We recommend cleaning your saddle at least once a month. For this you can first brush away most of the dirt with a (soft) brush.
Then you can further clean the leather with a little water and special leather soap or saddle soap. This soap contains glycerin, which prevents the leather from becoming stiff. The soap removes the remaining dirt and sweat. We recommend that you do not use too much water, as this will make the leather unnecessarily stiff.
After cleaning, let your saddle dry well in the air, preferably at room temperature and not too close to a heat source. You can then continue to care for the leather with one of our care products, such as leather or leather oil. These products feed the leather and make it water-repellent.
A little fat or oil is enough. Rub it in well and after retracting for a while you can rub the saddle dry with a clean cloth. With this you immediately remove any excess oil or fat.
After all, your groomed saddle is best stored in a well-ventilated area.
Cleaning of a plastic saddle
Cleaning and maintaining a plastic saddle is a lot less labor-intensive. It is sufficient to regularly remove dirt and sweat from the saddle by cleaning it with water and a cleaning spray.
Advice about our care products
Our experts are happy to advise you about our large collection of care products. We are available by phone every working day from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.